I’m running to be Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner because I want to improve the quality of life of residents in Hill East and Capitol Hill.
It is easy for ANC commissioners to get caught up in the little things – minor planning and zoning cases, liquor license requests and public space permits. During my first term representing ANC 6B09, I’ve focused on the big issues affecting our neighborhood such as keeping Hill East united in one ward during redistricting, urging Mayor Gray to pursue mixed-use development that benefits the neighborhood on the Hill East Waterfront/Reservation 13 and pushing the District Department of Transportation to improve safety along the 17th Street SE “speedway” and 19th Street SE corridor
If I’m re-elected, I will:
- Push the city to keep its promise and pursue mixed-use development at the Hill East Waterfront (Reservation 13)
- Ensure that recommendations from the 17th & 19th Streets Safety Improvement Project are implemented in a timely fashion
- Strengthen the partnership between residents and MPD to improve public safety
- Increase neighborhood engagement with, and ANC support for, our DC Public Schools
- Work with the city to find a future use for the Eastern Branch Building that is supported by the neighborhood
- Support efforts to bring more retail and residential development to the eastern end of Pennsylvania Avenue SE
Our neighborhood has a wonderful history of successful community activism. I’ve done my best to continue this tradition through my work on ANC 6B. It has been an absolute privilege to represent you on the commission.
Let's work together to get results for our neighborhood!
ON NOVEMBER 6, RE-ELECT
BRIAN FLAHAVEN FOR ANC 6B09